So many people struggle to let go of anger towards someone who they feel “wronged” them, even though they know the anger and resentment they’re holding onto is like throwing salt on an open wound. It’s been said that holding onto anger and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Yikes!
You may be hanging onto your grudges because of these myths:
- If I forgive, then it means I accept what they did. Forgiveness is not about excusing behavior. It’s about releasing all the negative energy that keeps you living in the past. Forgiveness empowers you to move forward.
- If I forgive, then I become a doormat. Again, forgiveness helps you to move forward and sometimes that can mean without the person you’re forgivning in order to create more healthy boundaries.
- By holding a grudge, I make them pay. The person who’s really paying is you, because toxic, negative emotions can destroy your mental and emotional health.
Holding onto a grudge creates a toxic cocktail in your mind, body and spirit. It creates a story of suffering. When you allow these feelings to define your identity, these negative feelings begin to crowd out and dominate your positive state of mind. You can get swallowed up in bitterness.
What you may be attempting to get, by holding a grudge, is some comfort and empathy you hadn’t gotten in the past. When you understand how to change the way you think and feel around past hurts, it’s the first step to healing. When you understand that under your anger and resentment is a craving for wanting to be cared about and treated differently, you can then learn how to create the healing elixir that your heart so desperately wants to finally open up again.
According to the Mayo clinic, the benefits of letting go and grudges and forgiving are:
- Healthier relationships
- Improved mental health
- Less anxiety, stress and hostility
- Lower blood pressure
- Fewer symptoms of depression
- Stronger immune system
- Improved heart health
- Improved self-esteem
In this self-study course, you’ll get:
- Personal coaching from Lorie Solay, award-winning mental mastery & spiritual development coach, and her special guest, expert relationship coach Soniyah Singh from Finding Bliss.
- 90 – minute recorded coaching session that you can download and listen to for future support, inspiration and encouragement.
- My personally designed companion workbook to help you integrate what you’ve learned.
- BONUS: A guided imagery, meditation on forgiveness that will help you reprogram your subconscious mind to heal and let go.
All of this great, supportive content for only $17.00. I stand by my products. If for any reason you fill you didn’t get more than your money’s worth, you can email me for a full refund.