Oakland, Ca – How To Find Meaning And Purpose In A Midlife Crisis-Life Coach, Eastbay, Ca
First, from my perspective, if you’re currently in a midlife crisis, I believe it’s a good thing. You’re waking up to old, outdated beliefs about what’s supposed to make you happy and fulfilled. According to a new study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, the age when most people feel the most unhappy is 47 years old. Researchers took data from 132 countries and discovered there’s what they call a happiness curve. From their research, they concluded that for many people, happiness begins to fall after the age of 18.
At 47 years old, many reported feeling anxious, depressed, lonely, lacking confidence and feeling that life was a burden. It certainly doesn’t have to be this way. If you’re feeling this way, I believe you’re actually waking up and are opening to other ideas of what success, happiness and fulfillment mean to you. For many, this is a spiritual awakening. They’re wanting to understand the purpose of their life.
Awareness is the precursor to change. Here’s a list of some of my favorite personal development questions to get someone moving out of a stuck state.
1. When you were a kid, what were some of your best memories?
2. When you were a kid, what were some of your worst memories?
3. When you were a kid, what ways did adults behave that you said to yourself you’d never do?
5. What did you want and need most when you were a kid?
6. What brought you joy when you were a kid?
7. Who was your favorite adult when you were a kid? Why?
1. What are top 10 values?
2. How do you define success?
3. How do you give back?
4. In one word, what do you live for?
1. Who do you admire? Why?
2. Who’s had the biggest impact on you in your life?
3. If you had a Board of Directors, who would they be?
4. What advice would they give you?
Journal and reflect. I’ll be posting more questions in future blogs.
Consider these questions a part of changing your narrative this year. Your 2020 Vision can now hold a new version of your personal narrative. This is the new story you’re creating for your life. Afterall, you are the creator of your reality. If you find yourself in the middle of a midlife review, I’ve been there, and I mean this in the most compassionate way…..congratulations!
If you need some support through a difficult period in your life, I’m here to help.